The Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta is truly the adventure of a lifetime. Sailing in the wake of the great explorers, you could be travelling 7,000 nautical miles across the Atlantic, visiting seven different countries, and taking part in five races. Or at least some of it.
The event celebrates the 150th anniversary of the Canadian Confederation through its founders and founding provinces, which is a unique chance to commemorate the rich history of sailing in Canada and around the world.
Up to 40 vessels will be crossing the North Atlantic Ocean and you could be on one of them – we anticipate that around 3,000 trainees will take part.
Depending on how much time you have, you can chose to:
- Sail in the whole Transatlantic event from the UK, to Portugal, Bermuda, USA, Canada, and France.
- Take part in individual race legs between countries.
- Take part in a leg of one of the four Guest Port Programmes (keep reading to find out more).
THE GUEST PORTS PROGRAMMES
The Rendez-Vous 2017 Tall Ships Regatta Guest Ports Programme is an opportunity to sample the hospitality of over 31 different and beautiful Canadian guest ports in the region.
Far away from the high energy of racing and four-day host city festivities, it’s a chance for vessels to enjoy a pre-planned 48-hour stop-over, or longer, in order to sample the diversity of maritime heritage and different cultures that each Canadian guest port has to offer.
Crews will have the chance to explore the beautiful maritime provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, as well as the provinces of Quebec and Ontario. Plus, take advantage of a programme of events and crew facilities which will be provided in each port.
- Friday 30 June-Sunday 2 July 2017: Charlottetown, Summerside, Pictou, Caraquet, Port Hawkesbury, Pugwash
- Friday 7 July-Sunday 9 July 2017: Miramichi, Havre-Saint-Pierre, Sept Ȋles, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Carlteton-sur-Mer, Gaspé, Ȋles de la Madeliene
- Friday 14 July-Sunday 16 July 2017: Baie-Comeau, Rimouski, Saguenay, Tadoussac
- Friday 30 June-Sunday 2 July 2017: Hamilton
- Friday 7 July-Sunday 9 July 2017: Bath
- Friday 14 July-Sunday 16 July 2017: Bécancour, Sorel-Tracy, Trois-Rivières
- Saturday 29 July-Monday 31 July 2017: Norris Point, Corner Brook
- Friday 4 August-Sunday 6 August 2017: Sydney, Saint Peters, Louisbourg
- Thursday 10 August-Saturday 12 August 2017: Lunenburg
- Monday 14 August-Tuesday 15 August 2017: Shelburne
- Tuesday 15 August-Wednesday 16 August 2017: Digby
- Wednesday 16 August 2017: Annapolis Royal (sail past)
- Friday 18 August-Sunday 20 August 2017: Saint-John
For information on the vessels taking part in the Guest Ports Programme, visit each Guest Port page. Participating vessels will be announced soon.